Florida: Man in Coma after E-Cigarette Explodes in Mouth

Florida: Man in Coma after E-Cigarette Explodes in Mouth

A man is in critical condition at a Miami hospital in Florida after an e-cigarette exploded in his mouth. He is currently in coma and the news of this incident is waving red flags at e-cig users.Eri_merkkisia_sahkotupakoita

The WSVN story about the incident tells the man – a 21-year-old Evan Spahlinger – to be from Naples. His sister heard the explosion and smelled smoke and fire. She rushed to check on her brother and found him lying on the floor with a burned face and neck.

Spahlinger was reportedly taken to a local hospital before bening transported to the Miami hospital where he is in a medially induced coma. Fox News quote firefighters about the cause of the explosion and they think it was the lithium battery of the e-cig that exploded.

The scary nature of the incident is certainly an alarm bell to e-cig users and calls for careful reading about the public and not-so-public risks that comes with these devices.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.