We all understand what it means to be a ‘household’ name, have your title on everyone’s lips, and be the brand people think of when a specific subject is concerned.
There are so many questions that need to be asked, factors that determine the success of a company, and the most important, the reputation of the name.
The fashion industry is one of the biggest examples of how a simple name can transform your life into something of a fairytale. See this interesting read https://www.encyclopedia.com/fashion/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/fashion-industry on how and what it takes to “make it” in the fashion world.
All it takes is for 1 celebrity to ‘like’ a product of yours on social media or to be seen in one of your garments at a black-tie social event and your brand shoots the top of the most wanted list.
Choosing the right concept and name is also critical, depending on your business branding and services you not only need something that reflects what you have to offer but exudes confidence in your abilities.
In this article, we will take a look at the options available when it comes to starting and how to go about the process on the right foot from the get-go.
How to choose a good business name.
What you need to be sure of when choosing the right name is that when people hear or say it, it isn’t too vague, you don’t want people to frown and have to think too deeply about what the brand would offer?
On the other side of the coin, however, you also don’t want it to be ‘in your face,’ giving it all away with nothing left for the imagination.
There is a fine balance between the two that you will need to overcome, be creative with an air of sophistication. To help you get started, check out this link for some elementary steps to get the ball rolling.
Simplicity, for me, is a big issue. The more wording or ideas being thrown around and suddenly the concept you began with is out of the window and you don’t know how to get back to basics. You know the old saying, “less is more,” and this rings true for naming your business.
A ‘no-brainer’ fact would be to think original, copying the next person is not going to get you anywhere fast and even more so if you try to use your name. Pick something that is going to grow with you, expand as the business grows, and allows for added products down the line without compromising your name and brand.
Lastly, and most likely the most imperative fact is to ensure you are using a name that is legally not a copy and the domain is not registered to another user. The last thing you need is to be sued for copyright when starting your business dream.
When it comes to knowing how to go about the process, who to talk to, and where to go, see the institute naming ideas and get a better understanding of how to be successful in choosing a suitable name at the appropriate time for a prosperous future. Speaking to professionals is always a step in the right direction.
5 Advantages of using a company to help you choose your brand name.
- Having a ‘consulting company’ step in and help you with your branding can be daunting, but knowing that they know what is fashionable on the market at the moment and what is popular can steer you on the right path. You need your own identity and they can help you get it through your business concept.
- Your idea may be great and the design you have chosen be well conceptualized, however, if the initials or logo are tricky to decipher a first glance they will help you simplify it for more comfortable customer experience.
- Having your firm’s location in the title can be a great way to advertise where you are based, it is also flexible enough to allow expansion into other regions or areas as you increase your brand awareness.
- Your name is easily trademarked for you when it is highly unique, this is rules out competitors trying to swoop in and take credit for your ‘baby’ in the future.
- This option is on the fence for most people, one positive is that adding your name into the title gives a sense of personalization, this, in turn, can then be detrimental too should the business not be successful or financially collapse.
Don’t fret if you are feeling overwhelmed or are having anxiety in choosing the right name to be a success, there are plenty people in the same predicament as yourself, of which you can read about here https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-name-for-my-company and see what they have to say on the topic and their opinions and advice.
Tips to a good name.
Many people are going to be saying the name so for me, I’m a big fan of alliteration or even repetition.
When I want to drill something into my kids it all comes down to repetition, not necessarily me nagging them over and over although this does tend to happen, but a little bit each day, every day and soon it becomes second nature for them. If a person is looking for a product or service you want it to be ‘second nature’ to them to rely or call on your brand.
Of course, when it comes down to the nitty-gritty and making final decisions everyone has a penny to throw in the hat, am I right? To give you the heads up look at this article and be one step ahead of the game and not be taken for a ride.
Test your name options on the net, this is certainly the quickest way to get feedback as to whether there is a similar or identical name to the one you’re looking at.
It’s essentially all about time, don’t rush into things, do your research and when the right name comes along, you’ll know it.