Lombard Park District presents a unique and fun race opportunity – The Lilac Mutt Strut 5K and 1 mile Puppy Path. Dogs can participate in either event! T-shirt included for first 350 registered participants and a pancake breakfast for everyone who registers! As Team ARF Members, you’ll receive special admission to the ARF PAWty tent!
- When: Saturday, May 17, 2014 (start time 8 a.m.)
- Location: One block west of Main St. on Maple Ave. Lombard, Illinois 60148
- Race Day Registration: Race day registration is $30 will be taken from 6:30-7:30 am at the ARF registration table in the ARF tent on Maple Ave one block west of Main St. Packets and Tee shirts can be picked up at the ARF registration table. Packet Pick-Up Pre-race packet pickup will be available at Sunset Knoll Recreation Center, 820 S. Finley Road, on Friday, May 18 from 10:00 am-6:00 pm. Tee shirts are only available at the ARF regisstration tent on the day of the event.
- Race: Course & Results United States of America Track and Field (USATF) certified race course and results (posted after race) are available at www.lombardparks.com.
- Awards: Following the race, awards will be presented to the top male and female winners overall, as well as the top two runners in each age category. Must be present to win.
Rules and Regulations
The Lilac Mutt Strut will take place rain or shine. Dogs should keep their people on a leash at all times or will not be allowed in Lilacia Park. All friendly, well-behaved dogs are welcome. Only you know your dog’s temperament and social limitations. If your dog does not get along well with other dogs, or gets nervous in large crowds of people, perhaps he or she would have more fun at home. For the health of your pet, we request that only dogs who are up-to-date on their vaccinations attend. These vaccinations should include rabies, kennel cough and distemper. All dogs must be spayed or neutered and leashed at all times. There is a two dog per registered adult limit. All participating dog(s) must be at least 6 months of age. Participants and dogs must be in condition to participate. At the discretion of the Run Directors, pets whose behavior is unruly or may prove hazardous to participants, other pets, or spectators will be requested to leave. Out of courtesy to participants, owners will be expected to clean up after their dog(s)
Online Team ARF Registration Form
Please fill the registration form online at http://www.arf-il.org/mutt_strut.html.
Animal Rescue Foundation Illinois
PO Box 4423
Wheaton, Illinois 60189