by Jack Fleming
We all want to have a toned and healthy body but not all of us have the luxury of time or money to go to the gym or have a gym membership. But guess what? You can still get that target body without having to get an exclusive gym membership. Yes, you read that right! You can start working out at the comfort of your home. What’s even great is that you don’t need to buy that expensive equipment. You just need to find a comfortable spot and start doing your exercise routines every day. It’s a budget-friendly alternative way in getting a healthy and fit body. What are the workout exercises that you can do at home? Read on the following tips to get you started.
- Jumping Jacks – We’ve done this exercise since we are at grade school. It’s a great type of exercise that is good for strengthening and cardiovascular. This simple routine increases your heart rate which stimulates blood flow on your body. This is one of the simplest and easiest type of exercise that you can do at home. Plus, you don’t need to buy any expensive equipment at all!
- Pushup – Now we’ve seen this exercise in every military movies but you don’t have to be in the military to be able to know how to perform this easy exercise. A basic pushup routine is an effective way of strengthening your arm muscles and chest. There’s no equipment needed either! You just need a firm surface in your home that has enough space for you to stretch out flat in and you are good to go.
- Swan Dive – Another exercise that you can perform at home to build your core is the swan dive. It’s a Pilates mat exercise which is a total body workout since it strengthens the back of your body and stretches out the front.
- Eagle Pose – You would need a lot of endurance to be able to do the eagle pose. It’s a yoga-with-weights exercise that does not only strengthens your muscles of your legs and thighs and biceps but it also challenges your mind and your ability to balance. Don’t just prepare your weights as your equipment to be able to do this exercise, you would need to have a lot of focus, discipline and concentration as well.
- Chair Twist – Having a stiff and aching body? Doing a chair twist exercise might be the solution! Chair twist stretches your shoulders and increases the flexibility of your back and spine. Aside from the fact that this exercise can provide relief to the stiffness of the neck, shoulders and upper back, it also aids in digestion as it massages your abdomen. So go ahead and grab any chairs that does not have arms and do this exercise every day.
- Bend and Thrust – If you want another full body workout without going to the gym, you should consider doing the bend and thrust routine. Say goodbye to those stubborn fats with this exercise as this is the best intense workout to burn fats. Plus, it speeds up your metabolism to help you burn more calories.
- Buy a Treadmill – Without a doubt, treadmill is one of the most popular equipment purchased for improved fitness. Why purchase a treadmill for your workout at home? It provides a lot of variations for you to loose weights. Walking, running or jogging are only some of the exercises that you can do on the treadmill. Plus, it allows you to do multi-tasking and maximizing your time. Catching up your favorite TV shows while exercising? It’s possible with the use of a treadmill. Select a reliable brand like the ProForm treadmill when you do your purchase.
Now that you have learned that you can create a workout routine at the comfort of your home, start looking for your spot and create a workout plan based on the exercise routines above.
About the Author
Jack Fleming is an avid runner who has competed in numerous marathons and other races across the country over the past 20 years. That experience inspired him to create TreadmillTalk.com, a comprehensive treadmill review site that helps individuals find the ideal machine for their needs.