Iraq’s former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has personally confirmed for the first time in an interview that former US President Barack Obama intentionally helped ISIS to continue growing in Iraq, News Punch reported on Tuesday.
The story informs that Al-Maliki – Iraq’s Prime Minister from 2006 to 2014 – told this to a local TV station on Sunday. Citing Iran’s Press TV, the story published specific details from Al-Maliki interview whereby he confirmed that Obama played a key role in the creation of ISIS by allowing them to overrun Iraqi territories.
The details say that in 2013 when Iraq needed fighter jets to target ISIS terrorists from air along the Iraqi-Syrian border, the Obama administration refused to provide Iraq with jets for air strikes against ISIS despite a 2008 security agreement between Iraq and US under which such aid should have been provided. But the Obama admin turned down Iraq’s request for help in air offensive against ISIS and instead asked Iraq to seek help from Jordan.
And the story doesn’t end here. Al-Maliki revealed that the Obama admin went on to further help ISIS by cutting much-needed military supplies to Iraq.
Washington proceeded to stop all supplies of helicopter parts and other military equipment to Iraq and halted a contract to sell Iraq F-16 attack aircraft even though Baghdad had paid for them in advance.
The result of this act of leaving Iraq on its own against ISIS was the terror group get away and build up as in the absence of air strikes, the group availed the opportunity for mobility and growth.
The commentary on the role of Obama administration in creating and/or enabling ISIS is nothing new. In 2014, The New American pretty much said what Al-Maliki has now confirmed. Still, seeing it coming from Iraq’s former Prime Minister adds the fresh stamp of credibility to the observations and reservations of Obama’s critics, in-and-outside US, over his role in building ISIS.
But is Al-Maliki’s confirmation news for left-winged propaganda media cartels? Obviously not. The story has seen a complete blackout and a deafening silence in America and most western media outlets so far. Aside from Press TV of Iran – which first published the story posted by News Punch – only a few other sources have published it. Alwaght and Sputnik News are two sources that published the story on February 25th.